Degree in Geology with a thesis on geological survey in Quaternary marine areas (1992). He subsequently continued to study Quaternary marine deposits and morphologies of the terraced coastal area of western Sicily.
Since 2002 he has gained experience in the geological survey of volcanic areas, contributing to the application of UBS units to volcanic cartography on a national scale (Ustica island, Sheet n.345 at scale 1: 50,000 "Viterbo"); Recently his research activities focused mainly on Mesozoic and Cenozoic carbonate and terrigenous successions of some areas falling in the central Apennines (sheets at 1:50,000 scale "Rieti", "Norcia", Maiella foothills areas).
Since 1999, coordination for the technical-scientific revision of the geological sheets at 1:50,000 scale of Sicily, Calabria, Puglia and volcanic areas (CARG Project).
He also carried out:
- setting up of e-learning courses for SGN training courses in Cartography and Geological Survey;
- coordination for the preparation of the "Viterbo" Sheet for printing;
- in the Working Group of the ReTraCe 3D Project for the geological modeling of the crustal volume affected by the central Apennine earthquake (2016-2018);
- coordinator of WG for technical-scientific review of the MZS of some central Apennines areas;
- in the WG for the creation of the national lithological database at a scale of 1: 25,000;
- coordinator and responsible of the agreement for the realization of the geological sheet at the scale 1: 50,000 "Taranto"
- Geological-stratigraphic characterization of the sites of the seismographic stations of the INGV network of Rome and Lanuvio.
Keywords: geological mapping, volcanic cartography, Quaternary marine, seismic microzonation, UBS stratigraphy
Address: ISPRA - Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale - Dipartimento per il Servizio Geologico d'Italia Via Vitaliano Brancati, 48 00144 Roma RM