Michele Zucali is Associate Professor at the Department of Earth Sciences A. Desio of the Università degli Studi di Milano) and Adjunct Professor (2018-2019) at the University of Houston - Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Science and Research. His research activities focus on the reconstruction of tectonic processes active at lithosphere scale, subduction-collision or rifting.
He uses multiple techniques to achieve these results:
- field mapping
- structural analysis
- microstructural analysis
- thermo-barometric estimates with classical and thermodynamic models
- tectono-metamorphic reconstructions
- texture (CPO-LPO) analysis by X-ray and Neutron diffraction (ODF analysis)
- calculation of elastic properties from ODF and reconstruction of seismic profiles from natural texture data
- comparison of natural data with numerical model outputs.
Keywords: field mapping, meso- and micro-structural analysis, tectonics, geodynamics, geology.
Department of Earth Sciences A. Desio
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Mangiagalli 34
Phone: 0039-02503 15547
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Science and Research
University of Houston
Building 1 3507 Cullen Blvd,
Room 312 Houston, Texas 77204-5007
Scopus: Author ID: 6505769928
Web of Science ResearcherID: B-5069-2009
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.it/citations?hl=it&user=zeO-sK8AAAAJ